14 November 2008

What IS a name, anyway?

I've been hearing through the grapevine that there have been a few inquiries as to the nature of the name of my blog. I thought it fairly obvious (or oblivious, whichever the case may be) as to where I got it... I even included a small picture on my blog page that I thought would give it away.
So, if you haven't been able to figure it out, (or you don't care and figured I'd tell you anyway,) I got the name from the movie Multiplicity, with Michael Keaton.

A VERY brief synopsis goes as such: A guy named Doug finds himself stretched to the max when it comes to having the time to get things done (work, play, family etc..) So, he finds himself with the opportunity to duplicate himself, and it works! Everything goes too well, and he ends up with three versions of himself. Well, one of his duplicates doesn't like getting stuck with all the work, so he goes back to the Doc (who can't tell if he's the original or the duplicate) and replicates himself. Well, as the saying went in the movie, "You know when you make a copy of a copy? It's not quite as sharp as the original." The 4th "Doug" comes out a little on the "slow" side, and calls everyone Steve. Hilarity ensues. (In my opinion)

Anyway, That picture has always stuck in my mind, so...

"Now you know the rest of the story."

4 comments:

Trillium said...

Thanks for letting us in on the inside story. I never saw "Multiplicity." As for the copy of a copy of a copy--I think that's what I am--the original and the other copies disappeared. LOL

DebbieLou said...

Yes, finally an explination to your mystereous identity! (For some reason leaving people clueless causes them to be more curious than they otherwise would be.) LOL

I guess I'll have to see that movie. I think I saw a clip from it once and it looked kind of funny.

Gabe said...

"We're going to eat a dolphin."

Jam In Stew said...

"We're going to PET a dolphin."