19 November 2008

"I hate waiting."

Have you ever noticed that the more you are anticipating something, the longer it seems to take for it to happen? I've had that feeling for this entire semester, unfortunately. It seems like I've been waiting for this semester to end even before it began. Plus, since Scott had his mishap I've been waiting anxiously for him to get back to at least some semblance of normal. Even though he is definitely better off in California with his family at this point, I wish I could have been there for more of his actual rehab process. Just when I was seeing some really great improvements, *poof* off to Cali, almost that quickly.

Other than missing a good friend, I've mainly been waiting for this next week. Thanksgiving is always a welcome respite from school, but this year we're headed to UTAH to visit family. I like going out of town because there's usually extra time away from the usual daily activities/ resposibilities. (YAY!!) So, We get to spend almost an entire week up in the "frozen tundra" of Northern Utah. I know I've been waiting, but I also know that Dara has been counting down the weeks and days til we get there to Emily. I need to tell her to stop, cuz it's making ME think even more about how close it's getting as well.

The other thing I am eagerly waiting about this trip is to see how Buttons will handle it because we're FLYING. No book-ending the trip with 12 hours in the car with an unruly toddler!! (For those who have forgotten, or don't have kids, just ask about our trip to California this summer...)At this point I'm willing to pay more money for a shorter time of a bored/tired/cranky/wired/loud little kid trying to get out of her chair. Plus we're flying in the morning and she does really well that time of day.... My luck, I'll end up chasing her through the security check point and get the "extra" search and seizure process at the airport....

"Yay! Memories!"

6 comments:

Katscratchme said...

Yay! Memories!

My favorite commercial of all time, I think...

Yeah.. I'm hoping the flight goes well... I can only imagine the wait in the airport being overly fun since it's a good idea to get there early for check-in and baggage check... sigh.

Trillium said...

I think the torture of being crammed into a tin can, being catapulted through the sky at 500 miles per hour like a rock for two hours, and enduring a boring airport for another hour or two, sure beats the torture of a 12-hour road trip in a tinier tin can with one screaming child. :)

Anonymous said...

Fudge fudge fudge! I am eating a pan of FUDGE...la la la la la la! I am sorry, I can't help myself! I AM SO EXCITED you guys are coming! And I have to admit I keep hoping you guys will come for Christmas too... :) Make sure you bring something for Audrey to chew otherwise you will have a screaming baby when her ears don't pop.

Jen said...

A pacifier and drinking a bottle work great for ears, too. . . If all else fails, when she finishes screaming 20 minutes into the flight, her ears will have popped . . . along with everyone else's on the plane. :)

DebbieLou said...

Traveling with young kids sure isn't fun, but it sounds like it will be well worth it. I'm sure you are going to be grateful you flew though!

Gabe said...

I bet if she is anything like her dad, she will love flying and sitting in the back of plane bouncing around.