16 November 2009

I'm Thankful For Heroes

I like heroes. I don't care too much for the comic book type stuff. I prefer the real ones.

I know he says he was only doing his job, but there are 154 other people on-board US Airways flight 1549 who owe Capt Sullenberger their lives.

I can also say that there is a distinct possibility that the situation could have turned out much worse for people on the ground if the plane were in the hands of a pilot with lesser talents.

For those who are into real-life heroes or just have a morbid curiosity, I found a site that has a video reconstruction of the flight from take-off to splash down.

As we reach the height of the travel season, I plan on doing my best to say thank you to those who see to it that we get to our destinations in a safe and preferably mundane manner.

By the way, there is no sound for the first minute or so, but it really is fascinating to get to see the inner workings of an airplane crash without having to actually GO THROUGH the experience.

4 comments:

Katscratchme said...

Sully can fly any plane I may happen to be on any day.

Trillium said...

"Mundane."
Yes.
Boring is Good!

Anonymous said...

Wow.

Jen said...

boing: "Boing is good."