09 November 2009

Ahh... Sleeee....zzzz....

This last week was a decent week.

First, Buttons' potty training is going pretty well. She's only had one(?) accident in the week and at times has done an ok job at letting us know when she needs to go. Other times we have to ask and she'll still fight us tooth and nail because she doesn't want to stop what she's doing or playing. In other words, it's still a work in progress, but progress none the less.

In other news, The H-bomb let momma and me off the hook for a few days. For three (3) straight nights he slept completely through the night! It was kind of nerve wracking the first night. I thought something might be wrong when I got up at about 6am and there was NO sound at all from the other bedroom. I even had to sneak a peek just to make sure he was still there. I crept in as quietly as I could and saw him with his head in the far corner of his crib as tight as it would go. (Oh good. He's still breathing.)

The next night we were a bit more relaxed and on the third night, oh, it was HEAVEN. Then came last nights crash back to reality. Ten minutes after 1 in the morning, (We had gone to bed after 11pm thinking we might get to sleep through again) we wake to an almost blood curdling scream. Oh yeah. He's teething and we forgot to give him his tylenol before bed. He screamaed for 2 solid minutes while momma got herself ready to feed him. Ok, good. back to sleep by 1:30.

Then at 5am, up again and shows no sign of going back to sleep. *sigh* Luckily he goes back after being fed again. Of course I have to be up by 6:45 to get ready for school. We'll see how tonight goe.........zzz...zzz...zzz...

4 comments:

Katscratchme said...

Not a bad night. Slept through again, though I have a guilty conscience about the formula.

Anonymous said...

That's so nice! I loved it when my babies slept through (except for your mentioned "IS MY BABY DEAD????!!!!" syndrome.)

Jam In Stew said...

All I know is that when you get the first taste for sleeping through the night again, you want to do anything you can to have it happen more often...

Jen said...

Congrats. On all arenas . . .