21 March 2010

It's Been Fun, But...

Well, it was a fun ride. I enjoyed the time together, but now I must bid adieu to the hills of the dancing sun. I wasn't expecting it to end this quickly, but I received a something better.

In other words, I have a new job.

I got a phone call on Wednesday morning from FedEx saying that they wanted to set up an interview. What? I applied more than two MONTHS ago, before I got the fire starting job, and hadn't heard anything back at all. I had the interview later in the day just before work. It went well and the interviewer said that, pending a background check, they would offer me a position.

I told my manager at work later in the day that I would most likely be quitting, that I would miss the work up there and that I was thankful for her giving me the chance to work for her. She said that she didn't like me anymore. Not really. She was glad to have me for as long as she could and understood that I was doing what's best for me and mine. She also said that she hoped she could find someone half as dependable and quick-learning as I was.

*gush*

Well, I started FedEx Saturday morning at 3AM, and then went to work at 2 in the afternoon. This will last til April Fools Day. Fitting.

The hours will be less, but the pay will be the same, if not a bit more. Also the schedule is Tues-Sat, meaning NO MORE WORKING ON SUNDAYS!!!

More for less is good these days.

3 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

So MUCH CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!!!!!! More for less indeed! And prospects no doubt. I'm happy for y'all. And what a nice interlude on your way. Fun for us ALL. Nice comment from your boss and I know it's all true. But do you always have to have milkman's hours? YAWN. Best to you in the next two weeks of pain. Be safe. LOVE

Anonymous said...

Yay! Mom and Dad seem doomed to have package sorters for sons in law. :P

RUSSELL said...

First and foremost... Congratulations! Secondly, I just have to recommend recurrent training in Boy Scouts 101 or episodes of Survivor Man. For some reason I always think of Tom Hanks in Cast Away when I think of Fedex! Wierd. Love you man, so happy about your upgrade... I hear they are a great company to work for.